I Know I Am But Summer to Your Heart (Sonnet XXVII) Edna St. Vincent Millay, 1923 我知道我只是你心中的夏日 (十四行詩第 27 首) 埃德娜・聖文森・米蕾
I know I am but summer to your heart, 我知道我只是你心中的夏日 And not the full four seasons of the year; 而非一年四季春夏秋冬 And you must welcome from another part 你必從他人找尋缺失的那半 Such noble moods as are not mine, my dear. 在我身上尋不得那些高雅情緻,親愛的
(Sonnet XXVII)
Edna St. Vincent Millay, 1923
我知道我只是你心中的夏日
(十四行詩第 27 首)
埃德娜・聖文森・米蕾
I know I am but summer to your heart,
我知道我只是你心中的夏日
And not the full four seasons of the year;
而非一年四季春夏秋冬
And you must welcome from another part 你必從他人找尋缺失的那半 Such noble moods as are not mine, my dear. 在我身上尋不得那些高雅情緻,親愛的
沒有太多奪目的金果可以販賣
Have I, nor any wise and wintry thing;
沒多少智慧結晶亦非冰雪聰明
And I have loved you all too long and well
且我已愛你太長太久太稀鬆平常
To carry still the high sweet breast of Spring.
不能延續春天胸脯中的濃情蜜意
於是我說:噢親愛的,夏日一走
I must be gone, steal forth with silent drums,
我就要用靜默的節奏悄悄離開
That you may hail anew the bird and rose
好讓你願再次迎接飛鳥和薔薇
When I come back to you, as summer comes.
在我為你歸來的另一個夏日
Else will you seek, at some not distant time,
又或許不過多久你會繼續尋找
Even your summer in another clime. 風采迥異於我的另一個夏日